THE CLIENT: Grote Enterprises, LLC
THE CHALLENGE: Migrate on-premise Microsoft Exchange to Microsoft Office 365 Cloud.
GBS SOLUTION: GBS migrated and deployed Microsoft Office 365 for 300+ end users.
VALUE DERIVED: This innovative solution added much value to the Grote Enterprise (listed below):
- Exchange licensing (nightmare) essentially went away; corporate savings of slightly over 20%
- Grote IT reduced the number of HW servers which decreased helpdesk incidents by 30-40%
- Office 365 is seamless with existing corporate software programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Grote now has “Anytime, Anywhere Access” which increased efficiencies 50%
- Easily communicate and collaborate inside and outside Grote Corporate
- Pay-as-you-go model, provides procurement predictability and flexibility to Grote Corporate
- Simple to learn; straightforward for all staff
- Financially-backed uptime guarantee at 99.9%
- Grote increased IT safety and security
CLIENT: ARK Encounter
THE CHALLENGE: The Ark is a rare and completely original building. No pathways existed in the building design for the network, camera system, access control and AV systems. Cabling and end devices needed to be invisible to the guests. All pathways had to be carefully thought out and worked through.
GBS SOLUTION: Design a complete cabling infrastructure with; extremely intricate cable pathways, 24 IT rooms (racks, cabinets, ladder tray, HVAC, gas fire suppression system), optical backbones/splice points, access control system, and a CCTV system (consisting of over 250 cameras) serving multiple buildings and outdoor areas.
VALUE DERIVED: GBS was able to provide a complete design and perform the installation for this project. Having a single source capable of the complete design/install process was a great resource for the ARK Encounter. Not only was a single source extremely helpful from a time standpoint, it was a huge cost saver.
THE CLIENT: Fitzgerald Pharmacy
THE CHALLENGE: Reliable, uninterrupted Internet connectivity is a mission critical component of any pharmacy’s infrastructure. Constant communication with pharmaceutical-specific cloud-based apps, insurance companies, doctors’ offices and daily end-of-day records transmissions are part of everyday business.
As a pharmacy group with 5 Cincinnati locations, Fitzgerald’s infrastructure houses an active directory server at its main pharmacy. The satellite locations do not have an on-site active directory server. As a result, when the connection with the main site went down, active directory DNS resolution was impossible – effectively shutting down the Internet at all five locations.
GBS SOLUTION: GBS set up a second domain controller in a cloud environment so that when HQ lost connectivity or VPN tunnels weren’t accessible, each remote location could query DNS from the cloud-based domain controller. Additionally, the solution enabled each satellite sites to maintain connection with the server for end-of-day batch transaction data to pass.
VALUE DERIVED: What began as a challenge in internet reliability quickly turned into a significant cost savings and convenience fix. This out-of-the-box solution saved Fitzgerald Pharmacy the cost to purchase, configure, install, and maintain 4 additional servers. The cloud environment is a reliable at comes at a fraction of the cost.