5 cybersecurity resolutions you can accomplish today will help reduce the cyber risk your organization faces. And with January upon us, now is the perfect time to be proactive in reducing the risk for a data breach or system compromise.
– Cheers to accomplishing these 5 resolutions today!
Cross off your resolution list these 5 cybersecurity best practices!
- Close firewall management interfaces to the internet. It is very common to want to manage your firewall remotely, and you can do this securely. However, exposing your firewall interface to the internet is not an industry best practice, and is not recommended by WatchGuard, a leader in firewall technology and a GBS partner.
- Update firmware: Start the new year right, with the latest firmware version to ensure your firewall is leveraging the best power, speed, reliability, and security available today.
- Change Passwords Now (and regularly) on hardware & software: Implement today industry best practice by changing passwords regularly. Using strong passwords, and changing them often, helps prevent lost or stolen credentials from being useful to bad actors.
- Implement Multi-factor Authentication (MFA): Implementing MFA to verify identities renders lost or stolen user credentials worthless to adversaries.
- Learn about 2022 Cybersecurity Predictions: WatchGuard Threat Lab presents Watch to learn how hackers might target space, what will happen with cyber insurance, Zero Trust, and more! You can find them here.
Armed with a comprehensive, multi-layered approach to risk reduction, GBS Managed Services proactively monitors and remediates cyber threats. Contact us for a no-cost technology consultation.
Content collaboration – courtesy of WatchGuard.